Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Faves

I came up with this not so original idea of posting my favorite things from wherever on Fridays. It's taken me about a month to finally remember to do it. So, here I go:

1. I really like pizza from everywhere. I like it delivered from local joints, Pizza Hut (if I'd have to choose) and especially frozen. My husband and I decided to try out a ton of brands and one of our favorites is Dr. Oetker Pizza Ristorante. On our super laid-back pajama party of a Valentine's Day, we had the Vegetale. From the site: "Layered with generous helpings of tangy tomatoes, mouth-watering peppers, onions and chilies, on a crispy thin crust." & honestly I thought I was going to hate it, but it tastes like a delicious garden of veggies were dropped onto the best pizza ever! If you like gourmet vegetarian pizzas, I think you'd enjoy this one!

2. I have a problem with shopping and it's involved over the years. I've been obsessed with the following: CDs, zines,  jewelry from Etsy and most lately, makeup. I was never a girly-girl in high school, so I never really got into makeup...then suddenly, I stumbled across a blog about buying drugstore makeup called Nouveau Cheap.  One thing led to another and suddenly I'm on Hautelook scouting for department store brands on the cheap. Laura Geller was featured this week and I was FINALLY going to use my $10 credit only to totally forget about buying it. (I was going to splurge on the Baked Vanilla Nudes kit!) Oh, well, I didn't really need it, but who needs makeup? It's all about vanity!

3. ...and since we're already talking about makeup, I stopped in at Rite Aid and picked up some Wet n Wild eyeshadow trios and a Demeter perfume oil roll on in Pure Soap.



4. My husband finally updated his library card for our local library, so I picked up The Stand by Stephen King. It will most likely take me to the end of time to finish reading it.


5. We bought a cat bed, and after a few days of hesitation, he's finally taken to it. When I see him sleeping in it, I want to squeal in delight!

So these weren't really finds or faves, but five things about my week! I sort of like this better, but I'll certainly try to make it more interesting in the future.

No comments: