Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Unsolved Mysteries

As a little girl, I remember watching a lot made-for-tv movies that I probably shouldn't have been watching at that age. I don't remember a lot about them other than they often revolved around rapes, murders or missing people. It was like a two-hour episode of Unsolved Mysteries -- another show that I recall watching when I was a girl.

Fast forward to today and I'm still watching these kinds of shows. Unsolved Mysteries, Cold Case Files and the like, but I'm more interested in real life cases than fictional cop shows. A morbid fascination perhaps, but I'm more interested in the "updates" -- what happened? Did the case get solved? Is it still unsolved?




These shows leave me feeling uneasy, especially the creepy theme music, but these real life reenactments are my horror movies and I keep turning to them for that feeling and I don't think I'll ever tire of them.

No comments: