Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wii Exercise

I hate exercising. I find nothing appealing about going to the gym. I like to move and I feel good when I push  myself to exercise, but mostly, I don't do it.

One of the benefits of living in a city is that I walk everywhere. I don't have a choice. I use public transportation and then I walk-walk-walk like crazy. In fact, when I used to wear a pedometer, I found out I walked 8 miles everyday! That included my time at work where I was constantly getting out of my seat and walking short distances, but all of those steps added up. If I went anywhere after work, I could easily walk another 4 or 5 miles. Sure, my feet hurt at the end of the day, but I was exercising and thus, no guilt trip!

Now that I'm no longer working, I realized that I'm going to have to exercise to feel good. I don't want to lose motivation for all of the things I'm doing daily, so I have to push myself to get off my butt and move a little. So I've turned to my Wii to help me out.

Maybe you're like me and hate gyms and want to work out in the privacy of your own home. Seriously, I hate looking ridiculous in public! If so, I highly recommend these games to get you fit and on your way to a healthier body.



My favorite has to be the Just Dance series. If you don't have either one, I recommend Just Dance 2, since there is downloadable content and the dances require you to move your entire body more.


Then there's the serious workout game I have called EA Sports Active. This game is like having a personal trainer in your home. Stick to the 30-day challenge and you'll be toned in no time! I'm serious too. It's hard work for sure, but I noticed results in just a couple of weeks...then I got lazy.

I also own Wii Fit, but I soon tired of this game. It's just a little too simple for me, but it's pretty motivating and I definitely learned better balance by playing daily!


So if you're looking for a fun workout & you already own a Wii, I highly recommend checking out any & all of these games.

No comments: