Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm not a guru. I just love shopping

I started this blog because I was quickly becoming obsessed with make-up. I wanted a beauty blog. I wanted a beauty channel on youtube. But mostly I just wanted to own lots & lots of pretty things.

A long time ago, I thought it would be great to have a "good things" blog. Then I never followed through. I think the problem is that I'm not very good at gimmicks. I just like what I like and maybe you like it too. I like showering praise on the things I adore as much as I like saying how much I dislike something. I just want to be informed, which is a hilarious thing to say, since I never watch the news. Maybe what I should say is I like to inform, which is also hilarious as I'm not a journalist. I'm a creative writer.

I like to create. I like to write.

So ta-dah! You have this here space.

I also like to overly explain things.

I always get mad when people call me an English major. I also get mad when people assume I want to write for a newspaper. I'm not a journalist. It's fine and dandy if you're those things, but I'm not. I'm Diana. I am a Writing, Literature and Publishing major. That title sounds all grand, but honestly, all I ever wanted to do was write fiction.

Fiction is something I adore. There is nothing I like more than shopping in my local independent bookstore. Then walking out of the library with a stack of books. There is nothing prettier than the written word. This blog is my kind of beauty.

No comments: