Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Who Am I?

I have confidence issues. I've known this for awhile and they go up & down on any given day. I think this is probably the case with a lot of people.

I don't think most people's confidence comes from the fact that they aren't nerdy enough. HONESTLY, I want to be nerdy and considered a nerd, but I'm not sure I am. I say and do nerdy things. Perhaps even writing this blog is somewhat nerdy, but I feel like my nerdism has come into question several times in the last few months, because Dave & I have started watching the vlogbrothers. (DFTBA!) If you don't know who they are and you consider yourself a nerd, do yourself a favor and go check them out!

I've been asking myself a lot lately, "Am I a nerd?"

I don't know. I've looked up the definition. I have the glasses. I like reading, books and putting stuff on my head. I'm all kinds of awkward in a crowd. But those things don't make me a nerd! They make me a stereotype of one. I don't want to be a stereotype!

Then I realize, I'm not one, because that's truly who I am.

I'm weird, silly and have hipster tendencies, but I don't know if that makes me a nerd. The only thing I know that makes me is a Diana.

No comments: