Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sensitive Skin Solutions

For about a month I've been using Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin moisturizer and cleanser instead of my usual skincare products, and I'm happy to report that I'm really enjoying these products.

I'm acne-prone and have combination skin that tends to be oily in the warmer months and more dry during the winter. I usually reach for Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash and I've been alternating between a Lush Cosmetics moisturizer (still testing which one works best for me) and the Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Daily Moisturizing Lotion. I've been using that Neutrogena cleanser for years and even though it works, it can be quite drying on its own.

I never ever felt that way while using the Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract. In fact, I was surprised how moisturized my face felt while washing my face. It never felt tight or dry after I was done washing my face. The cleanser is rather thick and feels almost like a lotion, but without that heavy moisturizer feeling. It doesn't foam up or anything, which definitely contributes to the moisturized feeling. My skin was never being stripped of its natural oils and it never irritated my skin. I almost felt like I didn't need moisturizer after cleansing.


Left: Cleanser     Right: Moisturizer



But of course, I used the accompanied Burt's Bees Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream with Cotton Extract, and it goes on light and never greasy. You only need a pea-sized amount or so to cover your whole face, because if you use too much, it will feel greasy on your face. It's because your face can only soak up so much product! The only complaint I have is that the pump can be a bit unpredictable. Sometimes it would squirt out the perfect amount, other times too little and other times way too much. Luckily, it felt just as nice on my hands as it did on my face. I just wished that the pump worked a more accurately.


Both products didn't have any detectable smell. The closest equivalent to smell that I could think of is steam or freshly made rice. It just smells fresh and clean.

After a month of using these products, I can say they didn't bother my break outs or cause any more to occur. My face felt moisturized, not dry, and I even felt like my face was breaking out less. I think that had to do with my face being more balanced -- not too dry, not too oily. I still used my Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment on pimples that popped up, but it felt like overall my face felt clearer and more moisturized.


I definitely recommend this product for people seeking something for their sensitive skin (regardless if they have acne) or for dry skin. It might not be the only skincare you use, but I feel like Burt's Bees wide range of products could definitely fill out anything you may need to accompany your routine. There's even a night cream for sensitive skin to accompany the day cream! I didn't feel like I needed the extra moisture, but if you feel like you need it or are replacing another night cream, I think the night cream could be just as amazing!

I'm a BzzAgent and received these products in return for an honest review. 

No comments: