Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Obsessions

2011-05-18 12.44.22

I have a problem and I have no idea how to stop it. I'm a collector. I really like collecting things, because it brings me a lot of joy to see all of my items all grouped together. I have lots of little collections that start with something that I'm into at the time. I've collected erasers, Troll dolls, My Little Ponys (as a child & an adult) and ridiculously, as a 30 year old, I've become obsessed with makeup. I've been egged on by various blogs and vlogs I read to open up my wallet to let in the eyeshadow, lippies and nail polish. I really enjoy my collection and even though I don't wear makeup as much as I should considering the size of my collection (which is nowhere near dominating my house, but it's still sizeable) it's fun to dress up and be the beauty for the day. It makes me feel like a better, more confident, version of myself. I feel nearly naked when I don't have something on my lips or my nails. It's super silly, but I don't want to stop.

But I probably should.

No comments: