Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Fortifying Shampoo & Conditioner Review




Garnier Fructis Shampoo & Conditioner

Thanks to Bzzagent, I was able to try out some new hair products exactly when I needed them most. It's getting hot and humid in Boston, which equals frizzy, unmanageable hair. My hair is thick, wavy and even curly in some places and when the temperature picks up, my hair refuses to listen to reason. I have to be honest and say that I don't try too hard to change it. I've tried a few styling products, blow drying and using a flat iron, but I'm a low maintenance girl that doesn't have time to do all that EVERY SINGLE DAY.
My go-to routine involves shampooing every other day, no conditioner (as it irritates my scalp), air drying my hair and combing it. That's it! Then comes along Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine shampoo and conditioner with its frizz fighting & shine enhancing Argan oil. It boasts three day frizz-free and sleek hair in up to 97% humidity! I know, crazy, right? But I think photos speak louder than words!

OH HAI
Before
Onion Ring D
After

The after photo was taken after I washed using the shampoo & conditioner and left the house with my hair still damp to meet my husband! I was shocked when I looked at that impromptu photo taken at our favorite hot dog hangout. Normally, I'd look like the first photo if I dared to do that or got caught in an unexpected rain storm. Day 2 hair would look a little greasy, but I think using a dry shampoo would help with that, but it was still super shiny! Day 3 it was still holding out, but I'd normally wash my hair again to start the process all over again.

Conditioner

Okay, now some specifics, I found the shampoo super runny, probably due to the various shine-inducing oils, and I'd imagine you'd probably run out of shampoo before conditioner. This conditioner is awesome stuff! It's super thick, you barely need any to get all of your hair and I have a feeling would make an excellent shave cream if you happened to be out! The scent is fruity and tropical, but I can't pick out a specific fruit other than apples.

I loved the results of this shampoo, but I found that this shampoo irritated my sensitive scalp. Unfortunately, I have the itchy, flaky kind, so using ONLY this shampoo didn't work out that well for me, so instead I used this once a week or if I knew I was running short on time and might have to leave the hair with wet hair. It still worked GREAT interchanging it with my regular shampoo, and for me, I think I will definitely keep this around in my shower for sleek, shiny hair all summer long!

No comments: