Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

You're Not Ready for This

As a little girl, I didn't do ballet, gymnastics or tap. I don't know why I wasn't enrolled in those kinds of classes, because I was very interested in dancing. I used to choreograph my own routines to the likes of Milli Vanilli, Queen and MC Hammer. I used to climb trees and lounge in the limbs like I was straight out of The Jungle Book. And even though I recall asking my mom to take tap lessons, I somehow ended up in a pottery class and learning how to sew. Super practical skills that I'm still interested in today, so maybe my mom did know best, but I still yearn to dance.

I'm not good at it and my moves seem to amuse more than astound, but it doesn't mean I don't have fun. I'm a collector of the Just Dance games, shimmy myself at shows and if I drink a wee bit too much, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll show you my sexy and Gangnam Style on the walk home.

Not only do I love to dance, I love to watch people dance. My guiltiest of pleasures are tuning into America's Best Dance Crew and Dancing with the Stars. Then came along this list to remind me why TV is such a fun indulgence. It includes some of my favorite television show dance numbers from the past to the present, including I Love Lucy, Happy Days and even Mad Men.

But this list missed a few of my favorite dance moments from television.

Here's what I would have added:



I know Glee is known for its singing, but awesome dance numbers like this is what keep me coming back.



I know this is a show about dancing and not what the list was looking for, but I can't not include my favorite crew of all time -- Quest Crew. This is a compilation of why they got to the finale of Season 3. Here's why they won:



I'm going to cheat again and put my favorite dances from Dancing with the Stars. They happen to be with my favorite dancers (Cheryl Burke & Derek Hough) on the show. I don't know why, but they're also both the Pasodoble.





What would you like to see added to the list?

No comments: