Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

The End of the Year

Instead of looking at a list of resolutions I didn't write, I'm going to write about all of the things that I liked & did this year that kicked ass.
  • I ate a lot of BBQ sauce.
  • I streamed a lot of video games on Twitch. It was a really good year for TGIF Arcade.
  • I went to San Francisco and stayed in a fancy hotel and got to meet a friend from the internet that I've known for over 10 years. 
  • I listened to a lot of music on Spotify this year, but I fell in love with one album. I was going to try and write an entire music-related year in review, but it would have just been me gushing about how great Built to Spill's Untethered Moon is and if you need more convincing, just go look at the cover, which has a cat on it.
  • I finally got to go to Cedar Point, which is an amusement park in Ohio that my mom told me about when I was a kid and yeah, that's how I spent my Halloween!
  • I started wearing eyeliner. I really only wear it on the bottom, because my hands are too shaky for proper application on the top lid. I feel so awesome when I wear makeup. I used to wear makeup everyday when I was 19, but it wasn't really the makeup that I wanted to wear and now I finally feel like I'm wearing the things and becoming the person I've always wanted to be and if you've ever felt like you were hiding your real self from the world, you know how big of a deal that is to feel like a whole person and your best self when you walk out the door. I even feel good when I'm not wearing makeup, too, which fuckin' rocks!
  • I spent a lot of time playing video games this year considering I have an entire Patreon focused on it. Some of my favorites were Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360), Kingdoms of Amalur (Xbox 360/PC), Nintendo Badge Arcade (3DS) (don't play this if you have poor impulse control, because you will want to spend money on it), Style Savvy: Trendsetters (3DS) and Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS). 
  • So about a year ago, we played Mass Effect, then spent the entire month of December 2014 playing Mass Effect 2 and finally finished up Mass Effect 3 in 2015. (If you've never played the Mass Effect series, it has such a great story and even though the third game is controversial, I'd say go play all of it right now!) We really liked our Commander Shepard. Her name is Gigi Shepard. She really likes dresses and has a ridiculous backstory. We started creating Gigis in every game that allowed custom character creation. We were so enamored with our Commander that we adopted a cat named Gigi. She is really skittish, but loves playing with toys and pretty much just sleeps in her bed all day, which is a big improvement over sleeping behind the couch all day. Guys, cats are the best!
I know a missed a lot of things I did, because I didn't write about them anywhere and some things that happened this year really sucked. I really wanted to focus on the chewy, soft doughy bits instead of the glaze on the top. Wait, is the icing the good part? I don't know. All of it makes a big, gooey life donut and I'll take the bad with the good. I plan to write a lot more this year, but I make that plan every year. Let me know about your year in the comments!

No comments: