Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Beginnings

When I first started this blog in 2010, I was inspired by the beauty blogging community and wished to do something similar with my own take on it. I've never been that into make-up, so I found it challenging to find my place in a world where I clearly wanted to belong, but really had no place being. I felt like whatever I could share was already out there. I was a newb, an amateur and boring to boot.

A few years ago, I wanted to start a blog about the "things I like," so I tried to combine them both here, trying to keep this blog more about the task at hand and less about me as a person.

This wasn't working for me.

I love shopping, finding new products and testing them out. I like sharing. I like a lot of things.

I tried to separate my personality and hide myself.

I realized that I couldn't do that.

As a writer, I seek to share myself, pour my heart out on the page, even if it's a piece of fiction and not a personal essay. I've always done that. I can't separate one part of Diana from another part or otherwise I'd have 17 blogs about various different things I like. The very thought of it makes me incredibly sleepy, so instead, I'm here. All of me. It is what it is.

I'm all here.

It may seem totally random, but all these things make one complete Diana.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

No comments: